Lowered price from €149.950 -> €132.500
The 911 traces its roots to sketches drawn by Ferdinand Porsche in 1959. The Porsche 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger and a more comfortable replacement for the 356, the company's first model. The new car made his debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show 1963.
It originally was designated as the "Porsche 901" (901 being its internal project number). However, French automobile manufacturer Peugeot protested on the grounds that in France it had exclusive rights to car names formed by three numbers with a zero in the middle. Instead of selling the new model with a different name in France, Porsche changed the name to 911. Production began in September 1964, with the first 911s exported to the US in February 1965.
The first models of the 911 had a rear-mounted 130 PS (96 kW; 130 hp) Type 901/01 flat-six engine, in the "boxer" configuration like the 356, the engine isair-cooled and displaces 1,991 cc (2.0 L) as compared to the 356's four-cylinder, 1,582 cc (1.6 L) unit.
- Length : cm (in): 416 (164)
- Width : cm (in): 161 (63.4)
- Height : cm (in): 132 (52)
- Wheelbase : cm (in) : 221 (87)
- Weight: kg (lb) : 1080 (2381)
- Displacement : flat six 1991 cc (121 ci), air-cooled, rear-mounted
- Valve gear : 12
- Fuel system : 2 Solex 40 PI carburettors
- Gearbox : 5 speed manual
- Driven wheels : rear-wheel drive
- Maximum power : 128.5 bhp at 6100 rpm
- Maximum torque : 174 Nm at 4200 rpm
- Top speed : 211 km/h (131 mph)
- Transmission Manual